Wednesday, October 27, 2004

The comeback of the Salon?

One of the main reasons I created this blog was to share my insight on cool things happening in Toronto. I just got back from a little photo expedition. My ongoing project to capture TTC Streetcars in motion is taking longer than expected.

I just finished reading an interesting article in Novembers edition of Fashion magazine (ok, ok.. I get it free with my sub. to Toronto Life). The article, which is titled "The New Round Table" discusses the comeback of the salon culture. What is a salon you ask? "... Salons were a nexus for socializing that encouraged the passionate exchange of ideas" It seems there are a lot of interesting things happening in the city. With the revitilization of the Drake Hotel and the ongoing renovations at the Gladstone.. the revival of the Salon is well underway. The article discusses some other interesting events;
- Trampoline Hall
- Room 101 @ the Drake
- ROM's monthly lecture series
- Hubub! at the Rivoli
- Salon 82
- Casa Del Popolo in Montreal


So I've always thought about starting my own Salon, I just didn't realize that it was called a Salon. While living in SF a friend would have people over on Sunday mornings for Brunch. Everyone would bring something (not mandatory) and share stories, meet new people and have fun. This was a great way to spend a Sunday and proved to be a great way to network. Maybe I should get this together.. ahhh one of these days.


/li

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home